SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Frustrated with cabinet finish colors!

charlikin
15 years ago

Went to look at cabinets again this morning... I really like the door styles on the Hanssem cabinets. They are frameless, seem like nice construction, price is good, my contractor likes them. Two very nice wide Shaker door styles with relatively "shallow" center sections - I like the combination of wide and shallow because I think it's more contemporary looking, and it'll catch less dust than a standard "deep" Shaker.

The problem is with the selection of maple finishes - they're all pretty light-colored, and either they're too yellow (Nutmeg), too yellow/orange (Harvest Gold) or too "pink" (Fawn & Cider, which look almost identical in my samples). I want something in the middle - like whatever happened to brown? A nice light color-neutral brown?

I'd like to take some of the finishes from Kraftmaid (like Ginger Glaze or Toffee) and apply them to Hanssem. It's very frustrating. KM, of course, doesn't make a door style I like.

Grrrr. How did you all choose your cabinet colors??? It can't be as hard as I'm making it!!!

Comments (13)