SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldhomeplace

Lurker reveal: Adel white and soapstone and blue tile

Hannah Koenker
9 years ago

GWers, you don't know how helpful you have been to me during this process. At the beginning the critiques and suggestions of the kitchen layout were immensely helpful, and I spent so many evening searching the archives for advice on everything from cabinet doors to ovens to trash pullouts. Here is our done kitchen (although we are still deciding what to do with our corner dining nook area!):

Original kitchen (sorry panoramic shot is rather goofy, but you get the idea)

"New Chichin" (as 2yo daughter says):

Ikea Adel White cabinets with Alberene soapstone and Blue Sky Fireclay backsplash.

Red oak floors with clear Rubio Monocoat (which I have already messed up by using baking soda to remove crayon, and had to resand and re-apply).

Beams were original to the space, big lights are from Ikea. Original fridge; the cabinets to its left were hung out a few feet so that it was sort of built-in-looking on that side

Gaggenau induction cooktop and Zephyr hood

Bosch 300 oven and our original Dutch door that I love love love; island is from Ikea, faucets are Hansgrohe Metro from Costco, we had to install the handles to the front, which I ended up liking more than I expected.

Aeratron fan that husband loves:

Hardware - Aubrey knobs and Ephram pulls in 6" and 8" from Restoration Hardware
Sinks - Blanco from Amazon that everyone recommended and a smaller Krause for the 'prep' sink.
Blue lights - SuperLiving Mini Dynamo in Smoke Blue (I should have put three of them over that long window area, oh well!)
Dishwasher - basically the cheapest Bosch. Quiet and works great, and though I turned off the end-of-cycle beep, it beeps annoyingly every time the door shuts all the way.

Now contemplating how to finish the breakfast nook area...see other post if you have ideas for a roughly 6x6 L-shaped corner!

Comments (29)