SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheri127_gw

Oh no! My ovens won't fit!

cheri127
15 years ago

It could be worse. I could have discovered this during installation, after the cabinets were bought...but I just realized that my ovens won't fit in the space allotted to them. Unfortunately, I already own the ovens, bought for half price on ebay (27" gagg dbls and 24" combi steam oven). I just noticed today, while finalizing the cabinet order, that you need at least 2" between ovens if they're installed side by side to allow space to get your fingers thru the handles, since they open to the side. Now I have to decide what to do and I'm too tired to make any more decisions! Choices are:

1) Install a triple stack of ovens which will probably not look too good especially as the ovens are side opening.

2) Give up the double ovens and install a 30" oven under the steam oven.

3) Give up the steam oven.

4) Swap the ovens with the fridge and give up the hutch type baking center.

5) Take out the back stairs which will give me room for the ovens and a pantry cupboard (the back stairs now serve as a walk in pantry and I was hoping to reopen them as stairs in the remodel).

6) Cancel the whole thing and buy a great piece of art instead.

I'm not sure there's anything anyone can do to help me with this decision; I just needed to whine about it because I'm so, so tired of this and I really thought I was done. But, because hope springs eternal, here's the layout for fresh eyes. Thanks for listening.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County