SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmgard_gw

Best kind of white/light-colored countertops?

kmgard
14 years ago

So far I feel like I've been super-savvy with my reno-- I love my custom semi-dark stained alder cabs (which I think I got at a fantastic price), my "stone-look" laminate floors (which don't really look like stone-- more like leather or something strange-- but good-- in my opinion), stainless appliances, etc. However, I STILL can't pick a countertop! Seriously, everything is installed but the counters (and obviously no sink).

I get a fair amount of natural light, but because the kitchen isn't huge and the rest of my materials are fairly dark, I'm thinking some lighter counters might look striking-- and add some light to the joint. I haven't painted yet, either...

We have around 60 sq. ft. of counterspace, and a lower-grade granite barely fits in our price. If I can find a very light, very pretty one, I'll go with that. I also kind of like the look of quartz, which I know are engineered, but I'm afraid they're too expensive and would look too modern. Another option would be laminate, and I actually kind of like the radiance finish. However, my husband is fairly set on a granite or solid surface. The only think I'm sure I do not really care for is that plasticy-looking kind of solid surface.

Sorry this is so long, but any suggestions??

Dark-ish cabinets:

Dark-ish floors (ignore the debris-- hadn't swept yet!):

Comments (21)