SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ekatiel

Show me your kitchen floor!

ekatiel
13 years ago

So, we're buying a house that has linoleum flooring in the kitchen (and honey oak caniets and white appliances-- if you remember my oak cabinets thread!). At first we thought we might have to replace all the carpet in the house as well as the linoleum in the kitchen (one of my DS's has major allergies), but we had DS roll around on the carpet, and he didn't have any problems (yes, I took DS into the house and said, "Hey Buddy, roll around on the floor for Mama, and make sure you get your face in the carpet!). Anyhow, it looks like the carpet is going to stay, but I'm not going to be able to handle the linoleum for long. SO, what type of flooring do you have in your kitchen? We thought about Allure planks from HD (anybody know anything about them??), but that was back when we were thinking the living room flooring was going to have to go, too. We also thought about laminate, but I'm scared of having a major water event in the kitchen. Now I'm leaning towards tile. . . Anyhow, I think I need kitchen floor inspiration, so if you have a pic, please post it!! Here's a pic of the current kitchen (the furniture/lack of decoration is not mine b/c we haven't moved in yet). Thanks to my other "oak cabinets" thread, I think we've decided to stain the cabinets "java" and put in a light colored granite (like new venetian gold), as well as take down the wallpaper, etc.:

Comments (9)