SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_mjt

Urgent help needed on kitchen window placement

mrs-mjt
15 years ago

My final window placement in kitchen needs to be decided today (long story). I don't know how to post the sketch I drew of floorplan (saved in Adobe Acrobat) as I'm not very computer savvy. If someone can give clear directions on how to post it, I'll give it a try. Meanwhile, I'll try to explain my layout in words.

My sink will be under a 5' window on the long wall of a U-shaped kitchen. My question is about where to center the window & sink on that wall. Here's more info to help you visualize the space. U-shape is 18 1/2' long (sink & window wall) X 10'walls on each side (L & R wall). I have a 6 - 6 1/2' island centered between the L & R walls. The walkway around island is 48" between it and the sink wall and 42" on the sides. In the R corner of the U shape is a 4' X 4' walk in pantry so now wall-to-wall is approx 14'. The frig and a 30" depth full length cabinet will be on R side whereas L wall will have standard 24" base cabinets with cooktop, etc..

How should window & sink be centered?

1. with the island (which would skew it toward the pantry wall) but it'd be centered with the island?

2. Should it be centered from pantry wall (R side) to wall L of sink? It would line up L edge of sink with L edge of island.

3. Should it be centered from upper cabinets (12" deep) on L' wall to pantry wall R of sink?

The plans have to go to engineering ASAP so they need precise window placement.

Greatly appreciate your input!

Marla

Comments (2)