SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kandt_gw

help!!! cabs--flat sides or sides that look like doors?

kandt
14 years ago

auugghhh!

I just had parts of the cabinets put in and realized that cabinet sides and island bottoms are flat pieces of wood. They do not look like the doors, just flat pieces of painted wood. I guess I assumed they would be looking like the doors.

Since you can see the sides of the cabinets (and refrigerator and bottom of the island) from the family room, would you recommend leaving them flat or have them looking like the cabinet doors?? I'm thinking of making them put the doors on the sides of the cabs, frig and bottom of the island that face the family room.

The part of the island that faces the family room but will have stools in front , i'm thinking leaving plain for cost purposes, since they will be mostly hidden by the stools. my cabs are painted white with a verryyy light grey glaze. the island is dark grey. The doors kind of look like shaker doors except they have a bead all the way around the door. All doors and drawers are the same, except the top drawers are flat panel, with a bead all the way around.

help! i have to decide by tomorrow!

Comments (8)