SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anenemity

Extra deep base cabinets

SYinUSA, GA zone 8
12 years ago

Does anybody have extra deep base cabinet drawers? Would you recommend them? I have a situation that would be ideal for this (I'm tall enough to reach the windows behind, there's plumbing coming up through the floor rather than within the wall studs, and it would make the full-sized fridge look counter depth) but can't really think of any negatives. With regular base cabinets, I can see that reaching so far back would be a nuisance. But with full-extension drawers that seems like much less of an issue.

I'm living with this set-up already, at least the deep counter part of the scenario. I can't believe I'm about to post this picture on GW, especially the KF, but this is how it is now:

As a corollary to the original question, would you rather have a deeper window sill for herbs and such or the deeper workspace on the main counter? Even if we went extra-deep with the bases, we could build out the sill (and the wall between the sill and the countertop) to make the countertop standard depth. Thoughts on that?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County