SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Has Anyone Used Flying Tiger Tile?

Laurie
13 years ago

I think my kitchen color scheme is finally coming together and I'm up to contemplating my backsplash choices.

I've ordered a coffee colored Quarter Sawn Oak from Kraftmaid in a Shaker style, with nail head details. My choice for countertops is Ceaserstone "Jersusalem Sand" in the honed finish. By chance, I was in Home Depot yesterday and found a very inexpensive glazed ceramic tile which mimics terracotta in a 16 x 16 size - terracotta colored, with "grout lines" in a sandstone color and a charcoal vaguely Mexican detail centered in a diamond of each tile for only $2.05 psf. This, to replace the encaustic tile existing which I just can't save (it actually is close to feel and colors of the existing tile in the house).

So, tile I found gave me a direction, which was sort of Mission/Arts and Crafts which fits my home. I remembered that I had book marked Flying Tiger Tile a while ago and went to look at the site again and I'm absolutely in love with a couple of the things there in the "Mexican" line. The "Mexi Flowers" in particular as it echos the pattern in the middle of the tile and would bring in a bit more color to the room, which it needs.

Of course, cost is an issue and being Sunday, they aren't open for me to call. I'm sure it's pricey but just how much is the question. I had figured that my backsplash materials might come in on the high side because I was looking at things which were more hand-made. But, since the floor tile is so cheap, I wouldn't mind splurging there a little bit.

So, has anyone used them and if so, how much were your costs approximately? My kitchen is 16 x12 but the tile will only be going on 2 walls, one of which will not be the entire wall (about 13 or 14' of it) and the other wall is only 4'.

Thanks very much!

Comments (3)