SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monkeymo_gw

Oak floors - Cherry Cabinets - Anyone? (pics inside)

monkeymo
13 years ago

Does anyone have cherry cabinets with oak floors? Can you post photos?

My continuing struggle with what to do with our kitchen floors has me wondering if I should just continue the oak peg and plank floors into the breakfast and kitchen area.

I posted before with my problem of multiple flooring:

Foyer has beige marble, to the left is living room with light beige carpet to the right dining room with medium oak floor. Straight ahead with slight offset to the left, but very visible from foyer is the family room which is medium oak peg and plank flooring original to home. Then farther to the left (not really visible from foyer) is the hallway back to the bedrooms and they all have a beautiful Tigerwood (just put in two years ago).

Right now the breakfast room has beige carpet we put down to hide ugly lime green vinyl until we were ready to redo kitchen. Kitchen currently has white 6x6 tiles many with cracks.

We probably should have given more thought to what our cabinets would look like with all the oak in our home (oak coffered ceiling in foyer, oak crown molding, oak bannister, etc. So what did we do? We ordered Cherry cabinets from kraftmaid with autumn blush finish.

Here are photos:

cabinet sample next to peg and plank

{{!gwi}}

cabinet sample straight on top of peg and plank

{{!gwi}}

We got same cabinet color for wet bar in family room next to stone fireplace

{{!gwi}}

cabinet sample next to oak banisters that are open to kitchen and dining room

{{!gwi}}

Oak ceiling over stairs view from dining looking into kitchen so where the cabinet sample is will be the side of the fridge with an end piece the color of cabinets.

{{!gwi}}

In reality, the cabinets are not going to be right up against the oak banisters, ceiling, and floor...

What are your thoughts?

Comments (18)