SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jayjay_teacher

Recommendations please on tile for backsplash!

jayjay_teacher
15 years ago

I will be traveling to the city next week to look for tiles for our backsplash (not much choice around me). Pictures look so much different than the real thing and I hope you can give me suggestions on types and brands I need to look at. I am totally ignorant when it comes to this.

My husband does not like the rough looking stones (he is worried about the cleaning aspect) and subway tiles do not appeal to me. I have seen pictures of subways with a crackle finish that I like. I also like the pictures of Sonoma tantrum tiles. I know that these are expensive, but maybe use them as accent. I like glass mosaics, but I am thinking if I did just those, my room would be too busy.

I am also wondering about putting just a row of tiles with liners and not going all the way up to the counters except behind the stove and make that area an accent area. I hope I am describing this well enough that you can tell what I am talking about.

Below are two pictures of the wall with the stove. I will also attach a link to the rest of the pictures if you would like to get a better feel of the room.

What tiles and color do you all recommend? Seeing tsdiver and lisa226's experience worries me. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Here is a link that might be useful: jayjay's kitchen

Comments (6)