SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gigibozo

Need initial floor plan comments

Susan Phillips
11 years ago

Hi everyone! I have enjoyed this forum for the past few months. So many drool-worthy kitchens!

My husband and I purchased a project house as a weekend/vacation home. The house is exactly 100 years old with a lot of charm. Originally the area homes were built as cottages in this shore area.

We have had the help of an architect to redesign the first and third floors. On the first floor we would like to open up the area to the dining and living rooms. We are moving the half bath (currently opposite the refrigerator!) to an area off of the foyer. This will give us more room for the kitchen.

Currently we are working on the exterior. We will be siding the house within the month. While I didn't plan on having to make any concrete decisions on the kitchen until next year, I am faced with one now. The current openings for the kitchen and bathroom windows will be sided over and we need to decide on the opening for the new window.

I think I like the floor plan as is, but I would like to know if anyone has a different idea that might be more functional. BTW, I would center the sink on the window.

I am posting the original first floor layout and then the architect's proposal.

I welcome any thoughts.

Thanks!

Comments (18)