SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitneymac_gw

how do I make the base and wall cabs symmetrical near a corner?

whitneymac
15 years ago

I'm having a mental block. I'm sure there is an easy fix that I'm overlooking!

How do I make the base and upper cabinets symmetrical when there is a right angle corner involved?

I'm happy with the first image- the range wall on the left side of the corner. That is, until I realized I drew it with the assumption that both the upper and lower cabs met at 24" out from the corner! The main set of uppers has 2 glass fronts with solid cabs on either side. I also think I have the upper stack at an unstandard height, so I can work on that.

I'm still working on the right side. Pay no attention to the blanks in the bases- still considering drawer configurations. The right side with the fridge (I'm thinking Thermador Freedom columns with panels, total of 48") is still a work in progress. If I move the appliance garage to the left side can I achieve better symmetry?

The ceilings are 12' tall, which is a bit of a design challenge for me as well. I thought it would break it up to have the hood go up to the ceiling with a paneled facade and ledge on there. The style is white shaker in a New Old House.

Am I obsessing over nothing? The island in front of this space will house the sink, dw, and microwave, and this will all be open to the family room and breakfast room.

Comments (3)