SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosie_2006

What New Cabinets -- Where to I Start?

rosie_2006
14 years ago

I want to replace my kitchen cabinets and I donÂt know where to begin. I have a small kitchen (about 12x12) that has the original cabinets (40 years old). I had my house on the market a couple of years ago and then the market tanked. When I put it on the market, I purchased a new frig and stove, replaced the countertop, sink and floor. This was all do-it-yourself. I donÂt want to spend a lot of money (I have about $15,000 to spend), as IÂm going to attempt to sell in a year or two. I want something decent but not expensive. How do I start? Do I take measurements of the kitchen and go to Home Depot or Lowes and sit down with them and let them price it out? Am I better off going to somewhere that specializes in kitchen remodels or kitchen cabinets? Is $15,000 doable for cabinets and labor? I donÂt have much cabinet space now as one wall is empty. I donÂt have a dishwasher but hope to install one because of the additional cabinets that will be on the now empty wall. IÂm feeling overwhelmed by what most of you would probably consider an easy project.

Comments (6)