SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20102524

Is it a big deal to remove faucet base plate?

User
9 years ago

We're on what will hopefully be the last day of work for a small kitchen renovation that unfortunately got stretched out by a few extra weeks because of a couple of goofs by the contractor and KD. (Biggest issues involved the KD ordering cabinets off of the preliminary plan rather than the final one that we approved.)

We really want to wrap things up, and I'm trying to let go all my OCD/perfectionism which has been compounded by too much time here on GW. (This includes swallowing some subsequent mistakes, like the fact that they installed one pull on all the wide drawers, instead of 2 as I'd asked, or the fact that they installed a herringbone backsplash running vertically rather than horizontally. Trying not to weep about this since I still love the tile.) The work has been very good, it's the details that they keep missing. But I need to get this done, and I really don't want to be a PITA client.

But here's one minor issue that I would like to change, unless it's going to require massive work - they installed the faucet with the base plate, and it's already a cleaning nightmare (the plate doesn't seem fully flush with the counter, and bits of paper towel keep getting stuck.) The faucet is a Kohler Simplice, and I don't think it requires the plate, and this was a total renovation so there were no previous holes or anything. But I'm totally ignorant about plumbing, so before I asked the GC I wondered how much of a headache this would be, and whether it is another thing I should just let go of. Thanks!

Comments (16)