14 years ago

French Budget DIY Ikea Adel Blanc

Details:

Cabinets: Ikea Adel Blanc, Lansa handles

Countertops: Ikea Laminate

Backsplash: 30cmX30cm tiles

Sink: Ikea Boholem 96cm

Faucet: Ikea Elverdam

Dishwasher: Siemens (but I donÂt know which model number)

Cooktop: Sauter sti 764 (induction)

Microwave: Siemens hf23056eu

Fridge: Siemens ki34va20ff

Oven: Siemens hb760550f

Hood: de dietrich dhd765x

Shelf for glasses: Ikea Ekby Tony

Light fixtures: Halogen spot lights with SS rims.

Stools: Ikea Ingolf

Flooring and paint: builderÂs choice, we just left what was already here.

Cost of cabinets (sink and faucet included) was around 2800 Â.

Cost of appliances was around 2600Â (thanks to amazing discounts DH gets at his old job).

Labor cost: 500Â.

Total cost: Around 7000Â (including accessories, lighting, cost of new caisson for hood vents, stools, plus plumber fees for moving radiator).

We live in a 200-year-old (maybe older) building in a small French city. This building burned down around three years ago. Insurance paid to have it rebuilt, but following French protocol, the builders did not install a kitchen. So, when we bought it a few months ago we started from scratch. Our friend is a professional kitchen installer, so he helped us with the cabinets and then my husband basically did the rest (backsplash, lighting, new caisson for hood vents).

I didnÂt want the hood at all, but considering the way our kitchen is open to our living room, IÂm starting to think it was a good idea. The induction stove is awesome; I had never used one before, nor even knew what it was and I love it. I also started out wanting a custom countertop, but when we considered our budget and our plans for this apartment, we just decided to go with standard laminate, and in the end, IÂm glad we didnÂt spend thousands of euros on the countertop, I like the one we have just fine.

Below are before and after pictures. I have a picture of the Ikea-online-program generated plan, but I have to figure out how to convert it to jpg and then I'll post it to show how close the plans are to the results.

Finished:

{{gwi:1885590}}

{{gwi:1885591}}

{{gwi:1594533}}

{{gwi:1885594}}

Before:

{{gwi:1809670}}

During:

{{gwi:1809667}}

{{gwi:1809645}}

Comments (25)