SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_ct

After 9 months, today I cried

sue_ct
15 years ago

I have lost it. After 9 months with the main part of house a wreck, no working kitchen and numerous, sometimes ridiculous an inexcusable delays, and sometimes just delayed by my refusal to accept that what I really wanted was not obtainable, today I was brought to tears by a delay of another week or two. It still makes me tear up and I don't know why. I was on vacation for a week and got most of the rest of the hardwood floor installed and countertop templated, material for countertop arrived and approved, so they would not be delayed if the second shift at the fabricators could start fabricating them Friday, went back to work for the weekend, worked Saturday, did 14 hrs on Sunday, looking forward to today, when I would be told when they could install them. Got up today to start my second weeks vacation, to an email. Can't install this week as I hoped. Made sure I waited at home all day on Friday to approve the slab, but project manager didn't get back the office by 3 pm as she planned, coworkers did not take or email photos while she was gone as she arranged, finally she got them to me at the end of the day, 5:15 pm actually, and I approved them immediately, within 15 minutes, but the scheduler was already gone until today. Now schedule is full up for the entire week. They can't install until the following week. Next Monday. I am on vacation for the second full week with a wreck of a house, no working kitchen, and now I am crying again writing this. The installation of the countertop is scheduled for 10 am next Monday. I go back to work at 5 am next Tuesday, no more vacation time for about 6 weeks, plumber wanted a week or two notice and highly unlikely plumbing will be done, no running water or working sink or dw...

How can I spend another week off in this mess...crying...feeling sorry for myself...oh, bother...

Someone slap me, quick, this has been going on all day and even a shopping trip that yielded a grandmas coffee cake and items to clean up my little pond so I can enjoy that apparently hasn't helped.

I just can't seem to suck it up any more. :(

Ashamed of myself for even writing this, but no other place would I find anyone who would understand. I am a nurse, I know there are much worse things than this, how come that doesn't make feel any better?

Sue

Comments (33)