SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liverd

Faucet opinions: Kohler Promaster versus KWC Systema?

liverd
15 years ago

It's decision time on a faucet. I've decided to plunk down a lot of moolah for either the Kohler Promaster or the KWC Systema 10.501.144.

I'm down to these 2 because I want a single-lever faucet that has a lever control for the pre-rinse spray, not a button control. And one that has a wider lever rather than the thin round kind that you see on faucets like Danze Parma. If there is such a faucet on the market other than these 2, I am all ears!

Am leaning toward the Kohler for a few reasons:

- The handle is more curvy and seems more ergonomic than the KWC handle (Kohler's handle shape evokes a penguin).

- My SO doesn't really like the exposed spring coil look of the pro faucets, so the Kohler's lack of coil is better.

- It's shorter: only 27" tall versus 31". Blocks less of the window behind the sink.

The KWC does offer a pull-down pre-rinse spray separate from a swivel spout. The Kohler doesn't. Price-wise, I think I can get the KWC for about $150 less than the Kohler. But at these prices, I wouldn't necessarily pick the KWC solely because it's less expensive.

If you're familiar with one or both of these faucets, is there anything else I should consider in terms of ease of use, ease of installation, quality/reliability, etc?

Thanks!

Comments (10)