SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
repaintingagain_gw

How can I get from this to the look of a CrownPoint kitchen??

repaintingagain
14 years ago

I have been going in circles for weeks with my kitchen decisions and living without countertops for way too long!

I am desperately in need of advice!

I will attach pictures of our current kitchen. Just use the link.

Here is the situation:

1. We moved around our existing cabinetry in order to take the existing cooktop out of the island and get it to the perimeter of the kitchen. The island was miraclously a perfect fit against our wall. We are having matching cabinets made for the perimeter. But, I get to do something new and exciting for the island. Yikes!

2. The island will be a full overlay cabinetry island in order to (on a budget) somewhat achieve the look of the Crown Point beautiful inset cabinets. We are thinking all drawers on one side...seating on the other?? or bookshelves on the other side??

Here is what we need to decide:

What color should our island be? I love sage green...love camel colored cabinets...but am open to anything.

What color should the countertops be? (We decided on granite because I have kids and can't handle a touch-me -not countertop like Soapstone. And Quartz is not currently in the budget. But in my dream I would have a beautiful soapstone counter top with classic cabinets. But perhaps I should consider a butcher block for the island?? Would that be too many different wood tones with my other existing cabinetry and wood floors?)

Our dream kitchen is right out of Crown Point Cabinetry...how do I get from this to that??? Classic, understated and simple. Any thoughts?

Oh and yes, I painted the orange (actually "Cognac" from C2) in order to help the brown cabinets recede, but like all of my projects am seriously considering repainting everything. At minimum I am repainting the one big wall in the kitchen and possibly keeping the orange just for around the upper cabinets.

And the "backsplash" is currently green glue from the part of the laminate countertops that we have pulled up. We are also going to replace the appliances and have them all stainless steel.

On our floors is white oak hardwood that we are slowly installing...

I would love any thoughts! Sorry for the long post to explain.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Pics

Comments (12)