SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjr220

Florida Joshua's job for the day

rjr220
14 years ago

was installing our soapstone. These aren't the best pictures -- will get more with better detail during the daytime, and when a weee little more progress is made on the kitchen -- but suffice to say, it was worth the year wait! It is really smooth, the veining is so cool, I keep finding unique little patterns. We all keep wandering into the kitchen and looking at it (yes, and feeling it)

Peninsula: looking from DR into kitchen

Stages 45 sink: can you find the seam? My son had to show me! We flattened out the "pass-thru" in back of the sink and enlarged the window -- now that the ss is installed we're really glad we did this.

And a close up of the veining by the sink -- this is only just one really gorgeous area of the stone -- and the seam runs right thru it.

We were concerned that the black counter would "close in" the kitchen, but it actually makes the kitchen looks larger and open. I'm anxious to get the other aspects finished now. Plumber tomorrow!

And thanks, Joshua, for leaving me the hutch to oil -- it's done and looks FABULOUS!

Comments (17)