SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmm6797

Absolute black granite-no problem keeping clean?!

cmm6797
12 years ago

We originally wanted absolute black countertops ( honed) for our new kitchen, until I started reading some not-so-great comments about keeping it clean. A lot of people said that fingerprints show up everywhere. I also read on this website or somewhere else on the internet, that water rings were hard to get out.

We just picked up a sample today from a stoneyard because my husband really liked the look of it. We left olive oil and water on it for the day, plus wiped our fingers all over it. It all cleaned up very easily with a wet paper towel and the sample looks good as new again. So my question for any of you that have this countertop is whether or not you have the same experience (ease of cleaning)? I really can't figure out why most of my searches for absolute black counters on the internet have turned up mainly negative reviews. Is it that you WILL notice things such as fingerprints and water on the counter, until it's cleaned? Are these things not noticeable at all on a busier granite?

Comments (38)