SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinson622

Granite installed today on dove white shaker cabs...pics

robinson622
12 years ago

In this looooooong house remodel (going on month 18) there have been a plethora of choices; granite tops being one of the most difficult I think. Since we have a budget, and a tight one at that, I had to somewhat "settle" for what we could afford. I've read everything about glossy black tops (ours are black pearl) and how they show everything, so waiting for the install wasn't as exciting as I hoped. However, once they were installed I was pleasantly surprised at how they looked with the cabinets. Of course, we aren't living there yet, so I'm sure the crumb/fingerprint/dust issue will rear its ugly head. But... I CAN say that they make me smile when I look into the kitchen.

Of course the worrying isn't over yet!! I'm having a wood island top installed in two weeks, and I hope I'm happy since it's the first thing everyone will see, and I'm sure it will be the most used surface. It's a walnut plank top with approximately 6" wide planks or greater. I'm praying it turns out how I hope. We ordered it from our cabinet maker without seeing a sample. :/

Comments (31)