SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amybird_gw

Quartz laminate?

amybird
15 years ago

Hello kitchen experts,

I'm a bit nervous to post this, as my search for "quartz laminate" led me to a thread about inconsiderate newbies who don't bother to search -- so if you've seen this question before, please be assured that I tried to search for a thread.

Seems like if anybody would know about quartz laminate, it would be you folks. Heard of it? Seen it? Installed it? Anyone? All I know is that it got a name-only reference as a budget countertop material in an article I just read, but no brands were listed.

My googling turns up only a spec sheet kind of deal, which calls it "the best thing in countertops since Formica was invented." Says price point is similar to regular laminate.

It's not the same thing as the granite overlay deal, Granite Transformations I think it's called -- this is supposed to be a quartz laminate that is installed as one solid surface with no edge lines.

Currently I have Nevamar laminate (I'm a laminate fan, incidentally), but I blew it on the color -- the big "seemed like a good idea at the time" decision of our remodel. And I look at it every day. And it reads olive green instead of calm khaki. And it makes me wonder, well, what I was thinking at the time. It would probably make sense to wait to replace it until we have enough in the budget for a more swanky material like real quartz or soapstone, but I don't think I can wait that long to fix this mistake.

Sorry about long post. Any and all help much appreciated!

Amy

Comments (5)