SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Garbage Pullout Placement- At Island or no?

2LittleFishies
11 years ago

Here's our plan, but I keep thinking it would be great to have a garbage where I'll be prepping (at island) so you can open it up and slide scraps off the island into the garbage instead of either 1) picking up a cutting board to scrape into trash by main sink or 2) using my hands to gather up garbage/scraps and turning to trash or sink.

As far as putting trash in island, The speed oven is supposed to go in island on the fridge side and the rest are all drawers and I hate to take up that space with garbage/recycling. I don't know. I guess the speed oven/micro could even go to the left of fridge.

Presently I don't have an island and my prep space is right next to sink so I can push my scraps into sink and use the garbage disposal. (New kitchen will have disposal in main sink as well which I'll have to turn around to use if I prep at island)... **Maybe I should chop to the left of the sink & then I'll have easy access to trash AND garbage disposal??? (but prep at island is more fun: ) PLUS, that's the spot for dirty dishes.... not that I should allow them to pile there!

HELP!

Comments (10)