SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wellnerde_gw

Help with my kitchen remodel!

wellnerde
10 years ago

I would really appreciate any advise/suggestions on remodeling my kitchen. I purchased the house as an investment property and might actually start to rent it out next year after all of the renovations are completed. So I don't want to spend a lot of money renovating the kitchen, but would like to have it look nice and also do upgrades that are going to hold up to abuse.

So far I have made the following changes:

1. Installed all new stainless steel samsung appliances except for the range which is an old Jenn Air downdraft slide-in range.

2. Replaced the old worn out vinyl flooring with TrafficMaster Ceramica groutable vinyl tiles.

I plan on removing the wallpaper and replacing all of the switches and electrical outlets that are worn out. But am having trouble deciding the following:

-Should I replace the countertops with Formica or Granite?
-Should I replace the tile backsplash, paint it with something like the Rustoleum Transformation kit, or leave it as is?
-Should I go with white outlets or black with stainless steel cover plates?
-Should I leave the cabinets as-is, or paint them? If I paint them trying to decide if I should go white or another color.
-Thinking about replacing the old style track lighting with the following light from Home Depot. Is this a good choice? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Aranda-4-Light-Flush-Mount-Ceiling-Brushed-Nickel-Linear-Fluorescent-Light-HBF1338-35/202022580?N=25ecodZbvng#.UaaaLJzm3ao

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert