SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cambro5

Anybody ever buy used appliances?

cambro5
16 years ago

I am planning to replace my microwave (OTR) and dishwasher in my redo. I have a white fridge and my oven is black and white. I could go with white DW/MW or do black and live with the white fridge and replace it eventually with black, althogh it's not that old. I have pretty much decided on white just to keep the kitchen from getting too dark.

anyway! An acquaintance who is also re-doing their kitchen mentioned they are selling their prevoius range, MW, and DW for the same amount I've alloted for just the MW and DW. She says the appliances are less than 3 years old and are Whirlpool and Kenmore. I need to get the model numbers from her and go see them, obviously.

What would you do? I am not an appliance freak - in fact I usually send my husband out to buy them with my list of requirements. the thought of replacing my stove is appealing as the model she is offering sounds better than mine and mine has chips in the enamel...! Would you trust a used appliance? how long are warranty's on appliances like these usually?

Any advice is appreciated!

Comments (5)