SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yolande_1951

lower counters and stainless steel

yolande_1951
15 years ago

I am about 5' 1 1/2" tall and find stirring cake batters, chopping etc. on a 36" high counter, somewhat difficult. I would like to lower some of our counters. How much is a reasonable height to lower them to?

I plan to do the bulk of my prep at our island (105" x 52") - and I thought to lower it, but my husband is not sure that this is a good idea, although an inch or 2 might be fine. We have 2 other counters along a wall that also includes the double ovens and refrigerator. One part is 45" long, the other 30"; Although it is not my preference to work facing a wall , I thought that the 45" one could serve as a baking centre, and could be lowered by 4 inches. Any thoughts?

I also am thinking of putting stainless steel on the 30 inch counter between the ovens and the fridge so that I could put down hot things. The rest of the counter tops will be angola silver granite, almost black with silver flecks. I now have tile in that same area and I love putting hot stuff on it without worries. The cabinets will be white.

Again, all thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,

Judy

Comments (5)