SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snookers1999

Finalizing Kitchen Plans in New Construction

snookers1999
9 years ago

So, I posted the plans for my new house in the "New Build" forum and I had a few suggestions to post a picture of my kitchen/dinning/pantry area on this forum to help me decide if this is the best layout for my kitchen or not. This is my "Dream" home as well as my "Forever" home and I don't want to make a mistake I will regret later on, so any advice, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.

My biggest concerns are where to put the microwave & the design of my hood above my cooktop. Should it be the same width as the 36" cooktop or wider than that?

Currently there is 36 inches of counter space on each side of the cooktop & 27 inches of counter space on either sides of the ovens. The aisle way between the Cooktop and Island will be 45" (48" if you don't count the overhang of the countertops. and 41.5" between the ovens and the Island (42" without overhang).

The current kitchen dimensions are:

Kitchen: 14'8" x 13'

Dining Area: 13' x 13

Pantry: 13' x 7'

The Island is 9' x 5'

APPLIANCES:

Bosch 800 36 inch induction cooktop

Bosch 800 24 inch dishwasher

LG 32.5 Cubic Feet French Door Fridge (LFX33975ST)

GE Profile 30" Advantium Wall Oven (240V)

GE Profile 30" Convection Wall oven (PT7050SFSS)

The French doors in the dining area lead out to a 14' x 14' screened in porch.

Also I'm a big fan of symmetry in my house, so that is very important to me when it comes to my kitchen.

FYI, the area between the fridge and the wall is a full height pantry.

The area beyond the kitchen island opens up into a large great room.

The doorway in the kitchen leads to a hallway that connects to the garage.

Here's the URL for my entire house plans if you need them:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/build/msg0513384510221.html

Here is a link that might be useful: I have a headache, please help me review my floor plan!

Comments (27)