SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Finished Tiny NYC Galley Kitchen!!!

charlikin
14 years ago

This project has dragged on so long that I don't know if any of my original GW friends are still hanging out here... but I'm going to post it anyway!!!

This is a tiny 7' by almost 10' galley kitchen in NYC. The reno started in October 2008. It was supposed to take a month...but there were problems. (Aren't there *always* problems???) It dragged on through January 2009. It took me months to get over the trauma (!) so that I could choose paint colors - so many little jars of BM later, I finally painted in September 2009! (Wasn't crazy about the paint color, but I think the problem was that I was really starting to *like* that gray drywall color! LOL!)

Meanwhile, I got busy with my living room redecoration, so it took me months longer till I FINALLY purchased the last piece of the puzzle that I needed in order to declare it a Finished Kitchen - a little 56" strip of valance to go over the window!!! (Amazing how the valance made me like the paint color better...)

Anyway here it is - please forgive the awkward photography, but it ain't easy taking pictures in such a small space!

Cabinets: Kraftmaid Putnam Maple Ginger Glaze

Countertop: Zodiaq Smokey Topaz (quartz)

Floor tile: Cerdomus Tesoro Zendo Brown (colorbody porcelain)

Backsplash: Rex Ceramiche Touch Stone Ivory 3x6 (porcelain)

Sink: Blanco SS, plus Blanco sink grid

Drain: Kohler Duostrainer

Faucet: Blanco Aires (with pull-out sprayer - works great!)

Fridge: Frigidaire Professional (with icemaker!!!)

Range: GE

Microwave: GE

Dishwasher: Miele 18" (the miracle gemstone of my kitchen!)

Door pulls: Top Knob

Light fixture: Dolan Designs

Undercabinet lighting: plain old low-profile fluorescent

I want to thank everyone on this forum for their help and support - for helping me design my kitchen; for educating me about everything from tile and countertops to sink drains; and especially for being so supportive when the carpenter screwed up the installation of my cabinets and I had to force him to do a do-over!!! I love my new kitchen, and I couldn't have done it without the great people here!!!

So for all of you currently going through the pain - and all of you preparing for and dreading the pain... please now that it's worth it!!! But do take everyone's advice and be sure to lay in a heavy supply of this:

Hugs to all,

Tracey

Comments (47)