SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melfly_gw

Need a hood for a 36' dual fuel Bertazzoni range

melfly
13 years ago

Help, I have been searching postings and have looked at many about hoods, but I am still lost. I am planning on buying the 6 burner, 36" dual fuel Bertazzoni range. I am an avid cook and a food writer, so I often will be using 4-6 burners while testing recipes. I am confused as to what to buy for a hood. I need to buy a wall mounted hood. We are in the throw of a ffull house gutting remodel and I need to make some decisions soon so we know where to put the venting when we get the walls back up and the roof redone.

1. what size hood should I buy? I hear I should go larger, but there aren't many options for 42" and 48" seems a bit much. Bertazzoni only makes 36" or 48" hoods

2. Depth vs height...if going for a 36" wide, what depth?

3. I am confused about CFM's. I read something on consumerreports that said anything about 600 CFM's could be dangerous and that a 36" range could be fine with around 300 CFMs, then I read posts here recommending 1200 CFM's. Is this really necessary? I live in the mountains and do not want all of my heat sucked out of my house in the winter. Bertazzoni's hoods are all 600 CFMs.

4. I have been reading things about remote something or another...what is this all about and do i need it?

5. What else do I need to purchase in addition to the basic hood?

Thanks!

Comments (4)