SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelev_gw

Replacement of Under-Cabinet Microwave

michelev
14 years ago

As shown in the picture below, I currently have a biscuit GE range with microwave above. I am very happy with the biscuit appliances (even though I know many would disagree) because I love the monochromatic look with my kitchen cabinets. However, the microwave is just too large and bulky over my range, and I am going to take it out. The problem is that there arenÂt many attractive range hoods in biscuit currently on the market. One option is the Broan slide-out range hood (Silhouette  BR-153002), which has a very minimal profile. I really love the look of a canopy-style hood  however, they just arenÂt available in biscuit. So I was thinking of buying the hood in black (in particular, I like the Broan RP130 BL Pro Style Hood) and faux-finishing the exterior in an oil-rubbed bronze finish, which will match my cabinet knobs and fixtures in the kitchen). Am I crazy? Here is the link to the Silhouette hood  www.kitchensource.com/range-hoods/brsilhouette.htm and the link to the canopy-style hood  www.electricsuppliesonline.com/broan-rpl130bl -- I am very creative and have faux-finished other items in ORB with good results. By the way, if I am sending the links incorrectly, I apologize.

Here is a link that might be useful: Current Kitchen Microwave/Range

Comment