SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Wedding Afghan Complete

Annie Deighnaugh
11 years ago

For those of you who may recall, I was struggling with what color to make an afghan as a wedding gift. The consensus was so strong for ivory, that I had to go with it. Also you all said no fringe, so no fringe.

Afghan is done and I think it came out fine. I know it works as it kept me warm when I was working on it. Thank you all for your help.

Of course, now I really stepped into it....I was talking with the bride who went over board on her wedding gown and doesn't know what to do about her veil....she mentioned that she has her Mom's veil which maybe she could use, but it would need work. So I've offered to make her veil for her...using her Mom's if we can, or a new one if not. Such fun, so exciting, and anxiety forming....I don't want to screw this one up. But I love pretty things, bridal things, and I feel like I need to pay it forward as Mom worked so hard making it work for me...she made my gown, the girls dresses and her own dress, in addition to doing all the flowers for the wedding too. (I made my own veil and headpiece.) I guess I feel close to her when I do these things....I so wish she were here to enjoy it with me....rather I sew wish she were here!

Comments (46)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH