SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cork2win

I'm clueless

cork2win
15 years ago

Please help. We have a brand new house. It's gorgeous. We designed every inch of it. We're on a major budget. We have pets, lots of hairy, wonderful pets. We live in the country, no one around for miles.

Here's our master bedroom:

I've added a leather storage bench at the foot of our bed. I know we would benefit greatly from a real bed, with a headboard and maybe footboard, and some real matching night tables, but all of these things are expensive and I'm saving up for them, one at a time.

In the meantime, I'd like to do something to warm the room up. Unfortunately the only things I can think of include textiles (rugs and curtains) neither of which we want or need. Rugs catch pet hair and we designed the house to be all hard surface floors for ease of cleaning, which I love. Drapes are expensive and we don't need them. We built the house for the view and we have no neighbors, so no need for privacy.

Is there any hope of me warming up this room without these items, or do I need to bite the bullet and hang some drapes just as decoration? If I'm patient and just wait to add the bed and night tables and maybe a chair in the corner, will that be enough? I'm clueless. I just know it seems so bare and uninviting.

Comments (7)