SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dibgar_gw

Need chairs for casual dining table

dibgar
16 years ago

We just finished our newly remodeled kitchen and adjoining family room. We are so pleased with the new space that we will want to do most of our casual entertaining in these rooms. (Actually, for a while we will be doing all of our entertaining in these rooms since I currently have a loom set up in my "formal" dining room).

We have a round/oval oak table that seats 4-8 at one end of the family room. We now sit in clunky upholtered chairs that roll, swivel and tilt. They look dated (late 80's), and they are starting to break down; so we need to replace these chairs and maybe the table with something more contemporary yet comfortable.

Our style is casual northwest contemporary--(wood and stone rather than chrome and glass). We have natural cherry cabinets, red oak floors, green peacock granite, a couple of oriental rugs, natural wood shutters, and tapestries/paintings on the walls.

In the family room we will have two leather recliners for our own use, but there is no other seating except for the chairs around the dining table.

Therefore, these chairs need to be comfortable while we are eating, but they also need to feel good for sitting during extended conversations before and after the meal.

To minimize pushing chairs in and out all the time on the new hardwood, I think I might want swivel again if I can find something not too clunky.

Please give me suggestions for style and sources for resonably priced chairs. If you have pictures of your own casual contempory dining chairs, I'd love to see them.

Thank you, Bonnie

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH