SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyto4boys_gw

Painting furniture pics have me inspired

mommyto4boys
15 years ago

All the recent beautiful posts of furniture renewed and looking fabulous has me thinking of a few projects. We were over budget on our new build (like everyone, I guess) & now my decorating projects are nearly on standstill:( I would really like to have our main living area as nice looking as possible by the holidays. One of the biggest eye sores is our 10 year old kitchen table, farm-style in a very light natural maple finish. It does not work at all in our space. I want a round, lightly distressed (pottery barn style perhaps) in mahagony with a dark stain. I have a lot of black accents including all the fixtures and hardware. What do you think of painting the table & chairs black? I think it would be easier than trying to sand & stain. Would you add distressing at all? Do you think it will help even though the style still isn't the greatest for the room.

Also, anybody have experience painting pottery barn's black furniture. I have a little black bench and entry mirror that are in horrible condition. Actually the mirror is fine, but the bench has been clanked on with toys a few too many times. So, the mirror will probably need a redo in order to match. I'm thinking of just painting it and leaving the indents (rather than filling) to just add to the distressed feel.

I would appreciate any ideas and suggestions, tips, etc! Thank you!

Comments (10)