SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julie_va

opinion on length of vanity light, please

julie_va
13 years ago

I just posted this in the bathroom forum, then started thinking that maybe you all here might be able to help me, also.

We are getting ready to move and have been trying to do some updating of fixtures. I also want to decorate my drab, boring bathroom and make it look pretty for potential buyers. It is all cream and beige and now has new brushed nickel fixtures. But can't do any decorating until we take care of the light the builder put in 20 years ago.

Hubby and I are going to replace the light over our master bath vanity and will make it brushed nickel to match the faucets and knobs we added. The mirror is 64 inches long and one of those huge ones that the builder just glued to the wall.

Our vanity is big enough to have a double sink, but the builder was too cheap to put in a 2nd one. The current light is a gold bar with those hollywood light bulbs and is 48 inches long.

Hubby chose a light he likes but it comes in 2 different sizes and we aren't sure which size would be best, 45.5 inches or 54.5 inches. The base of the light is oval and about 18 inches wide, and the remainder of the length is taken up by the arms of the lights reaching out.

Someone mentioned to me that it might be best to go with the smaller light because the larger may bring more visual atention to the fact that we only have one sink. Someone else said that won't matter, they will notice no matter what, but the longer lights may be about the same length as the mirror, & as the vanity and that may not look good, then she said... or would it???

I really would appreciate and any opinions you have to offer. Thank you so much!!

This is the link to the larger light , but I don't know if it will come through. http://www.lightingdirect.com/thomas-lighting-sl7486-traditional-classic-6-light-54-5-wide-bathroom-fixture-from-the-prestige-collection/p372433

Comments (5)