SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gsciencechick

Anyone have exterior French doors with mini-blinds in them?

gsciencechick
13 years ago

I should probably x-post in the Windows forum, but I figured this is a good place to start. Our french doors are old and starting to rot from the bottom. We currently have vertical blinds over them to close them for security and privacy. We'd love to get rid of these, obviously.

We have already used about $1,000 of the federal tax credit on a tankless water heater. We will need to move fairly quickly to get these installed by Dec 31 as many people have the same idea.

I've had Pella out to the home and was quite satisified with the service (a good friend has a Pella bay window with blinds between the glass and is very happy with it), but the fiberglass door will cost nearly $3K. This includes full installation, painting to interior and exterior colors. That's a lot for a more modest home.

We are having Lowe's come out for their Reliabilt french doors with the mini-blinds. They are only $767 plus $400 to install. They are primed steel, and we'd need to paint.

I think also Jeld-Wen makes this type of door. Have not made an appointment yet, but I feel they are probably closer to Pella than Lowe's.

Sorry if I'm rambling here. I've not really seen any current online reviews. Some of the reviews I've see are from 2006-2007.

Thanks for your input.

Comments (5)