SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Show my your formal dining tables pls!

Valerie Noronha
16 years ago

We are getting ready to purchase a dining table for our dining room. This looks to be a major purchase that will be in our home for many years and DH and I are in two minds about it. While this will be one of the less frequently used items in our house as we have a kitchen table and island seating for everyday dining, it has the potential to cost the most. Choices could range from getting a more expensive mix-and-match solution where we pick the chair style (and upholstery) separately from the table to the more economical "dining set" that are in all the furniture flyers. I am trying not to let me desire to have it for the holidays influence my decision as well and am already working on a plan B for Thanksgiving.

Many of the dining sets I seen so far are either too modern or too ornate for my taste. My vision is clean, classic lines and good quality--yet we are having difficulty justifying the price tag that comes with the good quality. Ideally, I'd like to get 8 chairs; place the two arm chairs in the living room and have the six side chairs around the table.

I'd really love to see everyone else's dining tables--whether new or antique. Please share your details about finishes, wood as well as chair styles, upholstery, etc.

Is there any rule of thumb of choice of upholstery when planning to put an Oriental style rug below the table?

Comments (45)