SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

OT a bit of humor...

User
15 years ago

I agree that we could all use some humor these days. I was on the roof a little while ago cleaning the gutters and the skylights. I was standing at the edge of the roof surveying what I had done and lookin' to see what else needed to be cleaned ,when my neighbor drove up and saw me. She called out...oh no Caroline you are not thinking of jumpin' are you...?!!

Uhhh...well no I wasn't...a sign of the times I suppose. I reassured her and then went in the window...changed into my swim suit and swam laps in my 75 degree pool water...cleared out all the cobwebs I must say ! c

Comments (12)

• gracie-2006
    15 years ago

Too funny! Thank goodness your not there yet! Ha! My friend had a similar story with a neighbor. She was weeding her garden with her rear facing up as her male neighbor drove by , he shouted "Lookin Good" and she turned around - he was bright Red in the face and said- Oh, I mean your yard! LOL!!!

• IdaClaire
    15 years ago

LOL! No, don't do it!

I guess you guys have seen the photo online of the huge hand-lettered sign being held up outside an office on Wall Street that read, "Jump, You F*****s!"

• daisyadair
    15 years ago

That's funny - so much better to laugh than to cry.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

yep I just checked my e-mail and my DB in midtown Manhattan just sent the sign picture to me. I just got off of the phone with my broker in the Rock center. He said, "well C when do you think you will need this money?" I said , "uh well we don't "need" it per se.." he said that's good ....then a dead silence...do you think he is trying to tell me something??!! Perhaps I will go check out the roof again ...LOL...nope me and my DH are OK. And I am going to live every day...every day to its fullest.

Don't read on unless you want to...I have lost two brothers to suicide. Two brothers that I love and miss every day. They thought there was just too much wrong to keep on going. Well there isn't . My crystal ball is full of mist and I can't tell you what tomorrow will bring. It may be better than today or it may not. But I am going to do my best to be here to find out.

Keep on smiling and come back off of the roof. This too shall pass and we all need to try and remember that. All of us deserve another day. c

• justgotabme
    15 years ago

Caroline, that's sad that we can laugh at that, but it really is very. Especially funny since you were really just getting a job done. Life is never that bad.
    ~Becky

• IdaClaire
    15 years ago

Trailrunner, I'm so very sorry about the loss of your brothers. I too have lost a family member to suicide, and understand the pain and searching questions those that are left behind deal with. I applaud your outlook on life. You've got it absolutely right.

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

75 degrees?! I would have frozen! You're an inspiration.

I'm sorry to hear about your brothers. And remember, it's not a loss until you sell.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Becky , you are right it isn't. It is hard to see that though when you feel that there is no other way . The well can get pretty deep. Thank you, it was pretty funny to see her face !

Yes jen that is the hardest part...all of the questions...mostly why . I am sorry it has been a part of your life also. Unfortunately it continues to affect many. I have worked hard to get to this point. It is something that still takes work.

fly: the water is so beautiful this time of year. There are leaves floating on the water and the sky is so blue. Reminds me of the Burt Lancaster movie , The Swimmer. Yes you are right...it is not a loss yet ! Thank you, fly. c

• justgotabme
    15 years ago

Caroline, I had no idea when I posted as I'm sure you noticed we posted at the same time. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your brothers.

Four years before I was born my paternal grandfather took his own life. He was very ill and not able to work. At that time there was no financial help (insurance) that would pay his medical bills. He was a strong Christian man and I'm sure it was a very difficult decision for him to make, but in the end he took his life to spare his family the financial burden. It wasn't talked about by the time I was old enough to understand so all I know is the little my Mom told me. It must have been very hard on the whole small town Christian community.

Life is such a precious gift that even though I've suffered depression for years now, I never once thought of suicide. I've had some really rough periods, but I've still always known life was worth living and that "Everyday is a gift from God". My favorite non-Bible quote.

I would guess that part of the healing process of your loss would be to come to the point where you can find the humor in your neighbor's fear for you. Whether tended as a joke or real concern. It shows your strength.

God Bless you,
    ~Becky

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ah Becky I actually thought you had seen the post and found the funny part funny and the rest ...well..what it is and was...you are so kind. I have received many great messages. Life goes on for us and we have to learn from the past. I miss my brothers...not a day goes by. I will never get over their passing but I WILL get on...I WILL...I have to. thank you for such a special note. Caroline

• patricianat
    15 years ago

Now that's pretty funny but your subsequent posts ended on a sad note, and I am going to think about the first one and think of having a happy day swimming in your pool and seeing the beautiful blue sky and falling leaves.

Caroline, Lehman was the worst but fortunately, we had moved 75% of our money in December 2006. If you still have money that you do not need right away, just leave it. It will come back. Markets cycle and this is the worst downturn but we there had been about 17 years of mostly favorable growth, so take heart. What comes around.... well, you know.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Patricia...I didn't mean for a sad note. Rather an affirmation of hope . As you noted there is always another day. Me and DH are fine in the markets...good managers luckily. I am SO glad you moved yours. We have a friend that had every dollar in Lehman...now he has lost all the money his parents worked so hard for. But as DH says, I am not my money...he is so right. There is much more that defines us. c

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor