SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawning_gw

Questions about furniture we were given. Too much for space?

dawning
11 years ago

We were given some hand-me-down furniture recently. The loveseat is just the size I needed for our combination office/living room. One entire side of this room is a built-in desk wall unit with a chair to sit at the desktop computer.

My first concern is that the leather desk chair we have now is black, but the loveseat is a medium tan color with brass nailhead trim. What color desk chair would look best with the new loveseat?

Secondly, I think the large square stone coffee table we were given is probably too big for the room. I kept it in here for a day, anyway, and the kids love it. My oldest is able to sit on the loveseat and use the table for his laptop and my youngest is using the table for playing dolls and drawing. The shades of brown/tan coordinate perfectly with the loveseat, so it's hard for me to let it go too. How do I know if it's too large for the space?

If I do end up keeping the table, is there any way to refinish the top? It's a beautiful aged looking stone, but there are some areas where the color has worn off completely with use. Is there anything I can do about that? And, are brass legs outdated looking? I'm wondering if I should paint the table legs.

Comments (12)