SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vbnet_gw

window trim white, baseboards and doors oak?

vbnet
12 years ago

HELP,

I saw a similar post, but the mix was different so I started my own.

Trim in my home was originally a pickled white that yellowed with age. Resembles a puritan pine. My doors and trim are made of pine. The wood is looking scuffed, scratched, etc. We put in replacement windows, (should have done total replacement instead of the type that go into existing openings) so now I'm stuck with all this old wood. Most of the floors have been refinished and replaced with oak and oak trim, so it's a lovely light oak color, close to natural but not quite. One window that has been replaced in the family room has a medium oak finish.

1. So, to try to improve on the situation, I was thinking about white window trim, but leaving all my oak baseboards. Any thoughts?

2. What to do with the doors 4 6 panel doors 4 panel doors with louvre's on top. They are all pine. I'm not beyond replacing them if need be. I believe painting involves, sanding, priming, then 2 coats white. When I balance all that with replacing, I'm considering it to be a bit of a wash except new doors will have to be stained and varnished as well.

Oh, dear please help!

Comments (2)