SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acey_gw

George Raduano Lamps, anyone?

acey
16 years ago

I posted this in lighting, but maybe you knowledgeable decorators lurking here know this gentleman.

I don't post pics, but I was told at a lampshade store that the aforementioned man, now in his 80's perhaps, made lamps using some kind of heavy, kind of rough or "nubby" plaster, usually topped by a painted simple wood ball finial.

The lamp I found at thrift store is white and looks like a woman's long dress, sashed at the waist, forming lovely puddles and folds at the bottom and at the "shoulders". Or one could imagine it to look like a gathered drapery fabric.

It is heavy, solid material. It looked really unique next to the usual circa 1980's ginger jar lamps that are a dime a dozen in all the thrift shops. My eye was drawn to it. Off to my favorite lampshade store went I, and it was the proprietor who mentioned that it could have been done by him, or by a company called Rod International, or The Down By The Sea Lamp Company.

Suffice it to say, when I selected a lovely new lampshade for it, it is a delightful addition in the bedroom!!!

Anyone have any information on this lamp maker or these company's names???

Thanks!

Acey...

Comment