SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojomom_gw

Ski House Basement -- 2nd update and request for help!

mojomom
10 years ago

Background is tat we lost our wonderful tenant to a boyfriend and bigger digs, so we have decided at least temporarily to reclaim, redo and redecorate the basement apartment. A/k/a "caretaker apartment" per zoning (although long-term rental was a permissible use.

The walls and floors are finished and we even have a new boiler for the entire house. Our major furniture pieces arrived this week. With all bones in place it is now time to accessorize and I am a bit paralyzed by that, especially 1000 miles away. The basement will be used as a rec room and the bedroom will be a guest room. So . . . Her is where we are and I need help on how to accessorize and art.

To refresh,he floor plan is;

And inspiration room:

Now here is our progress so far in the living and dining areas:
{{!gwi}}

The color on the walks is much more grey than it appears. These pictures whew taken right before sunset with the light streaming in, this is slighlt better

The orange table at the right end of the couch will find a better home and I just ordered this lamp for that space:

Also this guy; {{!gwi}}

As you can see we really are nowhere with accessories and art and looking for all suggestions. help please!

The second part is the bedroom. Right now it is bright and hard, but bland. The bed cover is tangerine and the dresser and night stands are dark navy:

I really need to soften up this room -- I am thinking crisp white sheets trimmed in a geometric blue (light of navy?) and. Lighter blue throw or blanket across the foot of the bed. Then I'm looking at this mirror and this pillow. What else do you suggest? Here is a pillow I have ordered for Thad bedroom {{!gwi}}

And the mirror I am considering:

{{!gwi}}

What do you think? Thanks for any input! I' adrift. I know we need to accessorize, but I am totally at a loss

Comments (8)