SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igloochic

Your opinions....dedicated childrens guest room?

igloochic
13 years ago

I'm just thinking...(dh normally runs when I say that) about redoing one of the guest rooms for kids.

Here is my logic...please chime in with your thoughts so I can weigh everything before I begin....

We have four dedicated guest rooms. One is my moms and Its on the family floor (second). We rarely use it for guests because it's opposite our room and ds is down the hall. He is up at least once during the night and I hate to bother guests so we made that for mom when she stays over.

Then we have three on the guest floor. One is a large suite with a big sitting area with a fireplace. It is the most often used, but whenever we have families over the kids want the back bedroom (probably because it has storage under the eaves which I'm turning into a fort).

I was thinking of doing it for kids...gender neutral and somewhat. Age neutral with a hot air balloon and monkey theme. It would have a queen size bed but I'd soften the decor and use some great rolls of wallpaper I bought for ds's nursery (not typical nursery....monkeys in hot air balloons, kind of Victorian in feel) but I'd do some hot air sculpture and a fixture most likely.

In it's on suite bathroom it has a tub, which wouldn't chain because it's the only one on that floor with a tub.

Ds is five, and does not like other kids in his room, plus his best friend is a girl and in a few years we won't want them in the same room. We also have two families with older (pre-teen) kids who visit a few times a year, hence my thinking...

That and let's be honest....we aren't going to have any more kids, and have decided not to adopt....but I think I have a kids room in my soul that needs to be released lol.

Is my soul leading me down a crazy path or would you think a dedicated kids guest room could make sense....

Comments (34)