SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celticmoon_gw

which is a better LR layout?

celticmoon
12 years ago

This is my Florida townhouse, leased for now, that we will live in at some point. Hopefully. In the meanwhile I am collecting and rehabbing furnishings. We are going for a comfy, coastal poor man's Bilhuber.

Things I have committed to are a pair of petite tufted Sherrill sofas and a small expandable Hickory oval Provincial dining table and a wicker rocker by the window (a childhood thing). And an art table.

The living/dining space is big (19'4" x 29'3" less the stairs & balcony) BUT plagued by traffic path issues - so the small scale curved sofas are a plus.

Layout option #1 is facing sofas

Layout #2 is angled sofas

TV will go on the right wall, probably above low bookcases, and #2 has a sofa facing the TV. We don't watch that much TV, but TV is a consideration. #2 is more open to the window and art table area, but getting to seating seems awkward. #1 has facing sofas and I have always liked that look. #1 adds a comfy chair for DH and I'd be happy curling up or lying on a sofa to watch a movie.

What do you think?

Do you see another way - I'd welcome any alternative layouts, as I found the space surprisingly hard.

link below has pix of furniture etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Florida furniture bits

Comments (6)