SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medha_nanal

Ideas for Kids' living in small houses?

homey_bird
12 years ago

My 5-yr old daughter's room is ~8.5x11 in size, and it already contains a Full bed, and a bookshelf containing her favorite books, and she has many, which she cannot imagine parting with!

Her toys have also been growing exponentially in population and in general she's never ready to purge. She definitely plays with more mature toys but seems to find a way to integrate her older toys into the plays -- so it's hard for me to force her to give up. But organizing all this and letting her have the space that she very much needs to play and work, is becoming challenging.

We also have no family room (only formal LR+DR with an adjacent kitchen); but have a two car garage that is available as a play+work+office area. In addition we have a bedroom that is 10x10, can be used for this purpose but we will need to have some arrangement for guests in that case.

So my options currently are either reclaim the second bedroom and establish it as her room, or keep her divided between garage(as play room) and bedroom (for sleeping).

If you've faced a similar problem before, how did you tackle this situation? Our garage is finished and we're willing to undertake some organization there if it makes sense.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and shared experiences.

Comments (9)