SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

Decorating WITH musical instruments ...

User
12 years ago

(as opposed to decorating around them) ... Do you? And if so, what instruments do you live with, and how do you incorporate them into the rest of your surroundings?

Today I will become the proud owner of a set of congas and bongos. I already have an African djembe, but sadly it's been kept in my closet because my cats have a rather unnatural attraction to it. The congas/bongos, however, will definitely become a part of my decor. (They're on a stand - see pic - these are not my drums, but a similarly styled set ...)

The footprint itself isn't huge, but the bulk of the drums means that a rather significant amount of room space will be consumed. The problem I have, living in a little old house, is small rooms and not quite enough square footage to easily accommodate such items. I don't have a dedicated music room, and right now the only space I can envision for the drums is in a corner of the dining room. Um, yeah ... how about a little serenade on the skins while we dine? ;-)

I'm very curious as to how others incorporate their musical instruments into their homes, particularly where space is at a premium.

Comments (17)