SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fiddlekate

Two more turtles WIP

fiddlekate
16 years ago

They aren't cleaned up yet...just did the 'ocean floor' tonight but they're almost done. DH helped! He put on the thinset and I squished in the "stuff." Makes me happy that he likes the turtles and wanted to help.

The first one is for his son and our daughter-in-law who are HUGE U of FL gator fans. I have a small plastic gator to glue on tomorrow. The gator will be crawling up onto the turtle's back.

The next turtle is for my daughter and son-in-law in TX. (They are here with my darling little Gdaughter.. but I have a nasty cold so haven't spent much time with them yet.) SIL is a big TX longhorn fan so the turtle has a silver T on it's back but that's it. I just couldn't bring myself to make it an orange and white turtle when I thoughts of a darling baby in mind! :)

Enough talk... here they are...

(Oh... and I have to say... DH said "I never would have thought to put the thinset in a plastic bag and pipe it out." I said... "well... I learned it on the mosaic forum!" So... thank you all for that.. and the 100's of other things I'm learning from y'all! :)

I'm working on some vases for gifts, too...hope to grout them tomorrow and will post pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: turtle gifts WIP

Comments (18)

Sponsored