SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brookevilla

Step Son Drama

brookevilla
13 years ago

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, but have a problem that I really need advise with. I have a 17 year old step son, that has lived in my home since he was 3 years old. To be quite honest, the entire 13 1/2 years he has been in my life has been a nightmare. For one, he was a spoiled brat as a child, who got kicked out of pre-school. His mother washed her hands of him when he was younger, and was completely out of the picture, his father just babied him so I assumed the role of mother figure/disciplinarian. I got him under control as a child, but as he's gotten older, he has turned into quite the jackass. He starts arguments with everyone, goes behind the scenes and starts arguments with me and my husband.He also has some very annoying habits, such as playing his stereo all night, just loud enough to keep me awake ( I think he does it on purpose) picking his nose and wiping it on the furniture, eating us out of house and home,hitting my 11 year old, and scratching him just to name a few... He is flunking every subject in school, but my husband will sing his praises. And to make matters worse, my husband is constantly putting down my 19 year old son, day and night, while his son sits on his lazy butt, playing video games day and night, he still calls my hubby daddy! I also have a fourteen year old daughter from my 1st marriage, which my hubby and in laws ignore. They all swoon over the step son, he does no wrong, while my children are tossed out in the cold. Me and my hubby also have a child together, and he is also put on the back burner...the step son is #1, and to be honest, I can't stand him. I told my hubby that when he turns 18, I want him out of our home. I don't ever want to see him again. I also told my hubby that I will not stand in the way of their relationship, but I personally am done with him. So what I want to know is, do you all think I'm doing the right thing? or should I leave the marriage, or wait until the step son is 18, and wash my hands of him, OR make the step son leave to go live with his mom? any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Comments (10)