SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
musicteacher_gw

Over my head

musicteacher
12 years ago

I just got beautiful new wood floors, and knew that I wanted the same floor in my DR, den and LR, for cohesiveness. But now I am trying to decorate the individual rooms and am clueless. I made heavy weight, but light colored drapes for the one window in the living room -which look good against the paneled wood. The same fabric looks blah against the cream walls of the den though. So at the fabric store I fell in love with the wild tapestry like fabric and bought enough to make valances for the den, and pillows for the living room. Now I'm chickening out. I wanted it because thought my house needed some "fun" but, maybe it is too wild for my more traditional house. Also, it is adjacent to my yellow kitchen that has white cotton curtains with a black print. I don't want all the rooms in my house to look the same, and I like color, but also don't want people to come in and say "What was she thinking!" Obviously, it wouldn't match the LR curtains. I'm open to all suggestions. Here are a couple of pics. Thanks, http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z468/musicteacher1/over%20my%20head/

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz